This program targets foreign nationals who have experience in cultural and athletic activities. This experience shall either be working as self-employed or participating in those fields at a world class level. Qualified foreign nationals shall also show their ability and intention to be self-employed in Canada. This is done by a well-thought business plan detailing the proposed Canadian business. This program is a direct pathway to Canadian permanent residency and does not require the applicant to first obtain a work-permit nor it requires the applicant to undertake a business performance agreement.
Language proficiency is not a requirement but extra points will be awarded for having an official language score.
|Legal Ground||Section 88(1) of IRPR|
|Eligibility||– Obtain at least 35 points in the program’s point system
– Have at least two years of relevant experience as follows:
|Requirements||– Proving the intention and ability to be self-employed in Canada through a well-thought Business Plan|
|Financial/Investment Requirement||– No prescribed minimum amount (But a person’s financial assets is a measure of intent and ability to be established economically in Canada, and specific amount depends on the nature of the business)
– Applicants must have sufficient funds to create an employment opportunity for themselves and maintain themselves and their family members (in general no less than $50,000)
|Required Supporting Documents||– Proof of having been self-employed in country of residence (company, contracts, etc.)
– Proof of sufficient funds to operate the business in accordance with the Business Plan
– Applicant’s personal documents (i.e. resume, education, financial ability and etc.)
– Proof of relevant experience in cultural and/or athletic fields
|Processing Time||21 months|
|Permanent Residency Prospect||Direct|